Sunday, March 7, 2010

2010 Academy Awards - part 3

Nice pair - Rachel McAdams (great dress) & Jake Gyllenhaal (nice everything) - best adapted screenplay - Up in the Air - Precious - In the Loop (never heard of it - maybe I should watch it) - An Education? - District 9 (my choice) - And the winner is.... Precious - I'm not surprised - it seems to be a pretty heavy contendor - I think I'm going to have to watch it, and probably cry some.  His thank you is I think another of his screenplays, he seems quite practiced, very sweet and loving, but I'm too cynical to love that.

I see why it was so good, steve martin wrote it.

Queen Latifah - love love love her dress - best dressed presenter so far (to me) - showing highlights of the Governors Awards.  Oooh - I love Lauren Bacall.  She is class personified, and, I think one of the most beautiful women ever to have lived.  I hope I can pull off longish hair like that when I'm her age.

Robin Williams now... with lampshades.  Har har - ball holding joke.  Supporting Actress award now.  Oooh, Penelope Cruz is sex personified.  Vera Famiga (sp?) - next, ooh - I need to see this movie to memorize her lines.  - Maggie Gyllenhaal - I love her in everything - so I hope she wins.  She should win every award, she's just fabulous - Anna Kendrik - from the same movie as Vera Famiga - she didn't get sexy lines though - maybe that makes her deserve the award - Mo'Nique from Precious - I hear she was absolutely amazing in it. Aw, and she won - I love Maggie G - but just watching the little clip from Precious gave me goosebumps, and it's the only clip that did.  Hmm - I like her dress - but now the big flower in her hair.  Damn - she even sounds powerful saying her thank you - shoot, even her thank you gave me goosebumps.

Mmmm - I love Colin Firth.  At least 50% fancy accent - I'm not sure what the rest of it is - introducing "An Education" for best movie nominee.  Aw, Peter Sarsgaard is in it - isn't it weird that he's with maggie gyllenhaal, and they both have what appear to be superfluous "A"s in their names.  Weird, right? Do you think that's part of what brought them together?

Man, Sigourney Weaver's looking pretty smoking hot this evening.  Art Direction is her game -  Avatar - of course - The imaginarium of doctor parnassus - Nine - sherlock holmes - the young victoria - Out of them all I've seen - surprise surprise - avatar and sherlock holmes.  And, of course, Avatar won - how could it not - in terms of being beautiful - that movie hit the nail on the head!

Best costume design - debate on whores & horses  - Tom Ford and Sarah Jessica Parker - ooh - her dress is beautiful - but it looks like her fancy hairdo got stuck in a wind tunnel or something.  Nominees - Bright Star - Coco before Chanel - the imaginarium of doctor parnassus - Nine - The Young Victoria - ooh - some pretty stuff in there!!  The Young Victoria won - wow - the costume designer's dress itself is pretty breathtaking, I want it!  Aw, she's cute and charming too, but the dress takes teh cake - she's my best dressed so far tonight.

Now, Cherleze Theron - best picture nominee - Precious - maybe the clip will give me goosebumps too - I'm not sure if I want to see an "unflinching look at a teenage girl's world of violence" - nope, the clip didn't give me goosebumps, probably because they didn't show much of mo'nique in it.

Drink break time.  I really should have dug out the corkscrew and popped open a bottle of wine - but water's cool too.

No comments: