Sunday, March 7, 2010

2010 Academy Awards - part 1

NPH - song - AMAZING

Alec Baldwin & Steve Martin - AMAZING

Penelope Cruz - wow - beautiful dress. Announcing best supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz from Inglorious Basterds is the winner. I saw it - you did too, right? Such a good movie.  He was good. Well, I mean, technically speaking - he was Bee - Ay - Dee - so bad, but in a well-acted sort o' way.

Ryan Reynolds - announcing the Blind Side as a best picture nominee.  I love him.  Oh he is so very handsome and funny and even Canadian!  I hear the Blind Side is quite good too.  I think it's a little too good for illegally download - it might have hit Dollar night at the Theatre status.

Cameron Diaz & Steve Carell (sp?) - animated film - I've never even heard of the Secret of Kells - but it's Irish - and I've got a thing for the accent.  Aw, Up won - I'm not surprised, I'd have been surprised if it hadn't - I was pretty surprised by how much I really LIKED that movie - so fricking fracking sweet.

Now Amanda Seyfried & Miley Cyrus - apparently they had a contest over who got to wear the bigger dress - Amanda won - although I'm not sure whose is sparklier.  I think I like Miley's best, with the exception of the waist band - it's a bit too tight.  Boy oh boy are they nervous - a bit word flubby, it might be less nerves and more overtightened dress waist band.  I don't know.  They're introducing the original songs. Ooh - I think I need to watch Nine.  Aw Crazy Heart won - wow - an old white guy named T Bone - that's kind of weird. Have you seen that? In the clip they showed, the guy singing looked just like Colin Farrell - looks like he must have had his brows waxed for the oscars.

Oooh - whatever that guy from Star Trek's name is introducing Best Movie nominee - District Nine - that movie was SOOOOOO good.  I loved it.  Although it was a little bit too un-subtley messagey, you know? A little bit too transparent with the whole lesson about society thing.  But the movie itself was fantastic - let's say you're a person who doesn't pay attention to moral lessons in films - then it would be just straight up awesome to you.

No comments: