Sunday, November 25, 2012

List of Streaming Christmas Movies on Amazon Prime

If you're at all like me, Netflix just isn't enough for you anymore.  I've had an Amazon Prime membership for years, and when they started including streaming video with that, I didn't really pay much attention. Lately there have been more and more movies and shows added, and I decided it was high time I added an Amazon Prime Streaming Christmas Movies list to the blog!

*Be sure to check out the List of Streaming Christmas Movies on Netflix, my list of the BEST Streaming Christmas movies online, and for updates to all of these, be sure to follow me on Facebook.

Aliens First Christmas - Remember your first day at a new school - how you weren't sure of how to behave, what was cool, etc.? Imagine if it was your first Christmas on a new planet - yowza.

Arthur's Perfect Christmas - Everyone's favorite Aardvark, Arthur, and his sister DW celebrate the holidays.


Bah Humduck! A Looney Christmas - Looney Tunes Time! It's Daffy Duck's turn to play Scrooge!


Barney: Christmas Star - Ah, Barney - aren't you lucky it's Christmas time??

Barney: A Very Merry Christmas - of course, let's put some Barney on this list.


Barney: Night Before Christmas - just in case you wanted more Barney Christmas...


Bear Who Slept Through Christmas, The Like "Snakes on a Plane" - this one is pretty self-explanatory.



Bob the Builder: Christmas to Remember - "Can we watch it!?" "If we have a glass of wine"

Bob the Builder: White Christmas - "Can we watch ANOTHER episode?!" "If we have an entire bottle of  wine"


Bush Christmas - Hmmm - a band of outlaws - Australian siblings - Dad cancels Christmas - color me excited!!!


Casper's Haunted Christmas - poor Casper, that annoyingly friendly ghost has to scare someone before the big day.  I'm not even referred to as a friendly ghost, and I would feel bad messing with someone this time of year.

Charles Dickens' The Christmas Carol - What do you think about Vincent Price reading Charles Dickens' story? I hope you think that's awesome; I most certainly do!

Christmas Carol, A - 1938 Adaptation of the Charles Dickens Classic.


Christmas Carol, A; A Picture of Magi - Some mid-1950s made for TV Christmas specials to make your day a bit brighter.


Christmas Classics: Jingle Bells - Here's a poorly animated romp for all of those families out there who are struggling - learn from the voices of David Alexander and Shelly Long (of Cheers Fame) that the best gifts don't come from the store.


Christmas Classics: O' Christmas Tree - Based on the cover art, someone took psychedelic drugs and had a frightening experience with a humanized Christmas tree.  It is for children, so it's probably quite sweet. I think if you're going to watch this, you need to steer clear of any non-prescription medications.

Christmas Classics: We Wish You a Merry Christmas - How ironic that you'd forget about music living in a town called Harmony.  Just be thankful that you're not a cartoon character.


Christmas Classics: Volume I - contains the world's greatest Christmas song - "Somewhere in Dreamland" (I apologize to anyone who got really excited there, it's straight up awful - but I have a real soft spot for it).


Christmas in Connecticut - The 1945 classic starring Barbara Stanwyck as a reporter who has seriously misrepresented herself in her biography.


Christmas Tale, A - This one is new to me, a 2008 Sundance Films production starring Catherine Deneuve - I'm looking forward to seeing it!


Christmas Too Many, A - Reviews for this movie about an aging hollywood star are almost universally bad; I'm not making any judgments.


Christmas Wife, The - An oldie about a widower looking for a new special lady - at Christmas.


Christmas With the King Family - The lovely King Sisters celebrate the holiday with their family in 1967. 


Christmas Without Snow - 1980 most likely  made for TV movie about a widow moving to a new city.


Deck the Halls - Low budget cartoon NOT starring Danny Devito.  Be warned.


Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas - I'm not his biggest fan (he's just so darn mean to everyone) - but I acknowledge that he's one heck of a cook, and now you can emulate him (the cooking skills, not the language, please). Two episodes!

Grumpy Old Men - I recently watched this, and discovered that it's a Christmas movie; I had completely forgotten! I first watched this when I was in high school, when it originally came out and spent the whole time snuggling with my boyfriend, so I'll use that as my excuse.


He-Man And She-Ra: A Christmas Special - Wow! In the mid-1980s, you got together with your cousins at Christmas time (heck, in 2011 we're still rolling that way in my family) - that even includes super heroes. Step back to Christmas, 1985 - no time machine needed!

Hit Favorites: Jolly Holiday!Christmas specials featuring: Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam, Thomas the Tank Engine and Barney.

How About You - A younger sister takes care of a retirement home in Ireland or something - check it out - on the cover she looks REALLY excited - FYI, this movie is based on a short story written by beloved author Maeve Binchy.


Jack Frost - This is one of those wonderful classic stop-animation Christmas Specials from my childhood.  It stands up to the test of time!


Jack Frost - this is the live action version starring Michael Keaton, where he comes back to life as a snowman.  I believe this one actually made its start in theatres.


Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special - if you can tolerate Jeff Dunham and his puppets, you should watch and enjoy this.  If you, like me, can't stomach them - steer clear.


Jersey Christmas, A - Don't worry - there's no Snooki here, just some blue collar folks stuck working on Christmas Eve. 


Jingle Bell Rap - Who doesn't love rapping cartoons from 1991? 

 
Jingle Hell - The Irish Catholic Fitzgeralds (not my childhood best friend's family) and their not quite perfect NYC Christmas.


Joe Santa Claus; The Orphan's Christmas - Good old fashioned 1950s made for TV Christmas movies!


Jolly Old St. Nicholas - This is another low budget cartoon Christmas special.  I can't recommend watching it without some commercial breaks to water down the experience.


Kipper: Let it SnowSuper cute little puppy gets into the snow and Christmas time! What could be better?


Lawrence Welk Christmas Shows - Yep - that's right -almost THREE hours of Lawrence Welk Christmas shows!! Great stuff for playing in the background at your hipster ugly Christmas Sweater party. 


Liberace's Christmas Special - Once you've exhausted nearly three hours of Lawrence Welk - cue up this bad boy!


Little Britain - 2006 Christmas Special Episode - This one is definitely not appropriate for children.  Little Britain is one of the funniest, most inappropriate skit shows out there.  REALLY inappropriate.

Meet Me in St. Louis - I apparently led a very sheltered life before meeting one of the coolest guys I know in 2004.  David introduced me to the glory that is Meet Me in St. Louis, an incredible musical starring Judy Garland.

Merry Mirthworm Christmas, A - Poor little worm doesn't fit in with folks in his new town. Luckily it's Christmas, so I suspect it will all work out.


Merry Yule Log, The - If you, like me, rent and don't have a fireplace, or maybe live somewhere warm - just click on the link!


Miracle on 34th Street, The - Apparently this was a made-for-tv version of the 1947 movie, made in 1955 - I'm withholding judgment until I see it.


Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol - that silly little scamp Mr. Magoo is at it again - this time he's playing the part of Ebenezer Scrooge in the classic Dicken's tale 'A Christmas Carol.' I hope you, like me, have a place in your heart for cartoons from the early 1960s.

My Year Without Sex - I never would have guessed this was a Christmas movie (until I read the description).  I am definitely planning on watching it, as the reviews are pretty darn good.


National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - One of, if not THE, best Christmas movies of all time! This has been a family tradition since the 1990s.  LOVE it!!! Despite the fact that I watched it as a child, I would recommend waiting to watch it with yours until you've seen it yourself.


Radio City Christmas Spectacular, The – If you’ve not had the opportunity to see these incredible women perform in person – I think you should jump at any chance you’re afforded (we saw them for the first time last winter in Boston – they are AMAZING). Luckily for everyone, those who have, and haven’t seen the Rockettes perform – you can watch the show on your TV or computer – seriously – this is awesome stuff!!


Samantha, An American Girl Holiday - Because I grew up in the late eighties - early nineties, I was, of course, completely obsessed with the American Girl books (I never had any of the dolls, but made up for this fact with my daughter's extensive collection).  I believe this was the first of the books to be made into a movie, and it was really well done.

Santa and Pete - I grew up without grandfathers, so the idea of James Earl Jones being my grandpa is pretty darn sweet, especially when he sits down with me and tells me the story of Santa and Pete.  While that will never happen for me, it happens for Terence in this movie!

Santa and the Three BearsNaughty bear cubs decide to skip the big sleep, and keep an eye out for the big  guy. I suspect they deserve coal, but instead will get a heart warming lesson.


Santa Claus, The MovieOne of the elves defects and starts working for an evil toy baron who wants to put Santa out of business (how dare he!!?!?!?). This is the version from the 1980s with the irrepressible Dudley Moore.


Santa Claus Conquers the MartiansIt sounds like the martians are fed up with kids being so into Santa so they get the idea of kidnapping him (and a couple of kids) and bringing them back to Mars.


Scrooge - A very old adaptation of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.


Tangerine Bear, TheA poor bear (you guessed it - tangerine colored!) has his smile sewn on upside down, and no one wants to buy him.  Sad stuff - I'm honestly not sure how it relates to Christmas, but maybe you can tell me.


Thomas & Friends: Merry Christmas Thomas - Thomas and his friends. 'Nuff said.


Thomas & Friends: Ultimate Christmas CollectionYet another very festive episode of Thomas and Friends!


Ugly Duckling's Christmas Wish, The - I am so glad that my parents didn't name me Ugly. I suspect it would have had a REALLY bad impact on my self esteem.


Under the Mistletoe - From what I can tell, a happy family is torn apart at the holidays by a Christmas Tree related car crash.  At least one review mentions ghosts.  It looks very Lifetime, or ABC Family - which means I ought to watch it.

Up on the Housetop - A super schlubby cartoon whose family has abandoned him at Christmas, reminding him that he loves them.  Or something like that.


Usual Children, The - The only review on this is one star; due to language used in the movie.  I'm going to have to take the time to watch it to find out more about it.  The tag line explains that it's Christmas Even, the kids are misbehaving, and, he takes them upstairs to tell them a story.


We Wish You a Merry Christmas - A Christmas cartoon about being happy with the way you are, especially when you're a turtle with no shell (which, I believe, is a salamander, right?)


We're No Angels - I'd never even heard of this holiday movie starring Humphrey Bogart, and I can't wait to watch it!! This purports to be about some criminals who escape from prison to an island in France. 


Yes, Virginiathis is an adorable animated version of the true story of a little girl who wrote to the newspaper asking if Santa was real because "If you see it in The Sun, it's so."  I’m really excited about this new addition to the Netflix streaming Christmas library!


Yuletide Fireplace in a Box - More streaming fireplaces!!!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This page is in error, Santa Claus The Movie is NOT available on Amazon Prime Instant Videos

Anonymous said...

it is on prime now.... I just watched it

Anonymous said...

To add my personal favorite, I think Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas is on Prime. It's a Jim Henson project.

Jana said...

Thanks for shearing this wonderful collection of Christmas movies.

Tamara said...

Hi,
I love Christmas movies and i like what you have acquired here, thanks for sharing.
Best regards

Natalie said...

Hello,
Great post about Christmas movies i love them all, it's my favorite time of the year and this list is the best, so many to choose from. Thanks again.
Cheers

The Best Picks said...

Your Blog is big and there is a lot of good information! Thanks
Best Christmas Movies of All Time