Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2013 Netflix Streaming Christmas Movies


*Updated as of November 17, 2013 - if you're on Facebook, like the page, and you will see when there are updates.

For all streaming movies available on Amazon.com with your Amazon Prime membership go to this page.

For my list of BEST streaming Christmas movies online (this includes both Netflix and Amazon Prime movies) - check out my newest list.

This is what I call an act of love…


Here are all of the Christmas movies I could find on Netflix – don’t hold the awful ones against me, I decided not to make any value judgments about your choice to watch Barney celebrating Christmas – ‘tis the season to love, not mock your child’s awful taste…

12 Dates of Christmas - Do you love Christmas and miss Saved by the Bell? Or maybe just one of those two? Come on, this is an ABC Family Christmas movie - if you like one, you like them all.  Watch it here before it airs this December!

12 Dogs of Christmas, The - Back in 2005, when this movie came out, I received this DVD for Christmas from my mother. I ended up with the flu that year, and watched this in bed on the portable DVD player my daughter had gotten.  This is an adorable Great Depression period piece with cute kids, and dogs.  This one is great for all ages.

All I Want for Christmas - What's the best way to get your divorced parents back together? Why, kidnap Santa, of course.  Perhaps this isn't the best movie to show your children if you are currently going through some marriage problems.

All She Wants for Christmas - I'm pretty sure I saw this one on Lifetime last year.  It's about the girl who is trying to save the Christmas Ornament factory.  Does that sound familiar? I admit it, it's not a great movie.  But it's good enough for Lifetime, and that's good enough for me.

Alpha Bots Christmas - Flying robots waiting for Santa? Well, if I were Santa, I'd catch them all in a net, and use them instead of the elves - imagine how many toys THEY could make!!

Angel for Christmas, An - Mid-1990s cartoon with a talking wolf.  I haven't seen it, but it looks like good ol' sentimental stuff.

Angelina Ballerina: The Nutcracker Sweet - Angelina Ballerina has the privilege of being the Sugar Plum Fairy in a performance of the Nucracker, but she eats too much candy, and is sick the night of the show! What will she do?

Angelina Ballerina: The Show Must Go On: Christmas in Mouseland - When you were a young mouse did you ever get cast as the ugly step mom when you wanted to be the princess?  You'll know just how Angelina feels.  

ATM - I just watched this, and was surprised to discover that, while not technically a "Christmas Movie" in the realm of classics like White Christmas and Rudolph - this movie starts out at a big ol' Christmas party, and runs its course through that night.  This is an "eh" horror movie.  I'm not a huge fan, but since it was Christmastime, I couldn't help but watch the whole thing.

Babes in Toyland - The live action version is no longer available, but now there is a cartoon version from 1997 for your viewing pleasure.  Sadly, this version doesn't include the indomitable Drew Barrymore.

Bah Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas - Not to be left on the side of the road by the Disney train - Looney Tunes made their own version of "A Christmas Carol" starring Daffy Duck as the Scrooge character.

Bear Who Slept Through Christmas, The - Like "Snakes on a Plane" - this one is pretty self-explanatory.

Becoming Santa - This is a documentary focusing on Jack Sanderson, and his physical and emotional journey to becoming a volunteer Santa.  The reviews are good, and I'm looking forward to watching it!

Black Adder's A Christmas Carol - A role reversal - where the Black Adder cultivates a spirit of meanness. 

Bush Christmas - Hmmm - a band of outlaws - Australian siblings - Dad cancels Christmas - color me excited!!!

Carried Away - This is one I'd never heard of, it's a cool little Indie Christmastime movie! Mix together the drama of a Grandma being put into a home with a dysfunctional Texas family including one movie star member.  I'm looking forward to this!

Casper's Haunted Christmas - poor Casper, that annoyingly friendly ghost has to scare someone before the big day.  I'm not even referred to as a friendly ghost, and I would feel bad messing with someone this time of year.

Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales - Note: this does not include the original A Charlie Brown Christmas, but does have other cutesy Charlie Brown Christmas stories.

Children’s Favorites: Christmas Treasure – Barney, Bob the Builder, Angelina Ballerina, and some other cartoon character all celebrating Christmas – hooray!

Christmas Angel - Fact: I would love it if all of my Christmas wishes would come true.  I would be rocking a size six bod, baking in my oven that would not burn all of my cranberry bread, and not stepping over the messy debris I ignore in my house.  Additional Fact: all of my Christmas wishes DON'T come true - but in this movie, they do for Olivia Mead!

Christmas Carol, A - This is an animated version from 1994, good old fashioned cartoon.

Christmas Carol, The Movie - This has a lot going for it - Kate Winslet is the main thing, but you've got Nic Cage, etc. This is animated with some live action scenes.  

Christmas Classics: Vol 1 - contains the world's greatest Christmas song - "Somewhere in Dreamland" (I apologize to anyone who got really excited there, it's straight up awful - but I have a real soft spot for it).

Christmas Cupid – this is a new (2010) made for TV Christmas movie. A woman is haunted by a client who is trying to make her find true love by Christmas.

Christmas Kiss, A - Reviewers seem pretty split on this ABC-Family/Lifetime style Chick Flick.  A woman who has trouble with her boss, for some reason kisses a random gent on an elevator, only to discover that he is the boss's boyfriend.  

Christmas Lodge - A woman returns to the family lodge where she spent many happy Christmases.  Note: according to some reviewers, this movie is pretty heavy with religious/scripture references.

Christmas Puppy - Here's a little something you might not have known: puppies fix everything.  Are you a single parent about to lose your job? Get a puppy - or, you know, watch this movie instead.

Christmas That Almost Wasn't, The - Who will keep the mean miser Mr. Prune from evicting Santa and taking toys as back rent?

Christmas Town - I've never seen this relatively new made-for-tv looking gem.  A single mother visits her father, whose town is "Totally Consumed with Christmas" - my kind of place!

Christmas with a Capital C - A town has to fight with a lawyer who wants to take any religious references out of their holiday celebrations.

Cinnamon (Alt Title: My Dog's Christmas Miracle) - I have never seen this - but from what I could gather on Netflix, Wikipedia, and Imdb (do you see what kind of research lengths I go to??) - this is about a dog whose single owner falls for someone - and the dog breaks them up, learns a lesson, then tries to get them together.  I can't verify that it's Christmasey, but the alternate title leads me to believe it!.

Crazy for Christmas - I'm pretty sure this was ABC Family, or Lifetime movie.  A poor single mother gets stuck chauffeuring around a rich man who is handing out cash to everyone.  I'm sure there's a lesson here...

Dead, The - This is an adaptation of a short story by James Joyce.  The story surrounds a holiday dinner party.  This is an Irish period piece, and stars Anjelica Huston - what more do you want?

Dear Santa - I believe this is from Hallmark, I know that I saw it in a hotel room last month, and it was just the kind of cheesy, sappy, stuff I enjoy to watch/listen to while doing other things.

Desperately Seeking Santa - Three words: Sexy Santa Contest.  I strongly suspect this one was made for TV, as I don't really see the box office draw.

Dreamworks Happy Holidays from Madagascar - You get a hit of Valentine's Day and then two Christmas specials!

Dreamworks Holiday Classics - while the word "classic" might be pushing it - only time will tell!  Four holiday tales involving your favorite (?) Dreamworks' stars - the digital casts of Madagascar, Shrek, and How to Train Your Dragon.

Dreamworks Shrek's Swamp Stories - time to join everyone's favorite ogre in some fun holiday theme adventures.  Not only does this have Christmas - but Halloween as well!

*Eight Crazy Nights -  *Hanukkah* - Adam Sandler's animated alter ego takes a Scrooge-like journey of redemption in this not-for-young-children affair.

Elf Bowling: The Movie - From what I've heard/read - this movie that was developed from an old flash computer game is really not worth watching.  Consider yourself warned.

Eloise: Little Miss Christmas - Who doesn't love Eloise? She's adorable! And, as we all know, cuteness grows exponentially at the holidays!

Exit Speed - a really over the top looking action movie about bus passengers being forced off the road by bikers (according to Netflix this is an "unpleasant Christmas surprise"). Someone ought to watch it and find out for me.

Extreme Christmas Trees - If you can have extreme makeovers (home AND body editions!!!) then you should be able to have extreme Christmas Trees.  Soon enough, TLC will have a special on Black Friday: Extreme Shopping Bloodlust.

Fanny, Annie & Danny - Several reviewers noted that this is a dark comedy - combine a cup of  family dysfunction with a few tablespoons of Holiday reunion, and you get this flick!

Fireman Sam, Holiday Heroes - This is a children's show - my daughter is fourteen now, so I have no idea what it is, but it's Christmasy!!!

Fitzgerald Family Christmas, The - A long estranged father makes plans to reunite with his wife and seven grown children for the holidays.

From Time to Time - What's better than going to stay at your ancestral home for Christmas? If your Grandmother is Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter (okay, technically, the actress Maggie Smith who played Professor McGonagall).

Golden Christmas 2, A: The Second Tail - The golden retrievers are back - and this time they're playing matchmaker!

Golden Winter - You guessed it - it's those little golden retrievers again.  I wonder when the grown up retrievers are going to show up on Dr. Phil, talking about what it's like to be a former child star.

Good Luck Charlie: It's Christmas - This looks like a 2011 Version of a Full House Christmas (not the plot, but the family friendly TV show made movie length silliness), the ratings are actually quite good - I've never seen the show, but I just might have to watch the movie!

Happy, Happy - A Norwegian black comedy about infidelity at Christmas time.  I'm a happy, happy person, so I think this is probably right up my alley.

Happy Naked Christmas - Hmmmm - I'm not really sure what to think of this import.  I suppose sometimes Subtitles are a good thing?

Heart of Christmas, The - Aw man, a cute little kid is diagnosed with cancer before Christmas? I'm SUPER DUPER hoping this one ends with an awesome Christmas miracle (but I haven't watched it yet, so don't get mad at me if it's one of those 'life lessons' type of movies)

Hercules Saves Christmas – I’m getting more and more excited about watching this (incredibly ridiculous sounding) movie as I type the description.  When you think Christmas what comes to mind: Presents? Jesus’ birth? A talking dog whose job it is to write Santa’s “nice list,” and has the ability to act as an orphan boy’s lawyer? If your answer was number three – I promise you’ll love this movie!

HIT Favorites: Jolly Holiday – Christmas specials featuring: Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam, Thomas the Tank Engine and Barney.

Holiday Engagement - This one reminds me of 'The Wedding Date' (with Debra Messing - you probably didn't see it, I think I'm one of the only people who did), except it's Christmas!!! This is fluffy Christmas made for TV magic at its best/worst (is there really a difference).  I can't wait to watch it!

Holiday Favorites: Volume 1 - If they number the volumes, you know it has to be good. My thought is that they'll really want to wow us in Volume 1 - get us interested in the next four...


Holiday Favorites: Volume 2 - An assortment of animated Christmas shows from 1952. I'm most interested in "The Shanty Where Santy Lives," and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Holiday Favorites: Volume 3 - This one is dated 1954, but the shows date back to the 1940s - I think the top choice from this bunch has got to be "Jerky Turkey" - seriously, I can't think of a more appealing name.

Holiday Favorites: Volume 4 - Are you excited yet? I guess Santa trades in the pipe for a cigar, and while he's not the posterboy for healthy life choices, I'm still planning on watching.

Holiday Favorites: Volume 5 - One of these holiday favorites is "Santa Claus's Punch & Judy" - I have my fingers crossed that this is not a cautionary tale about Judy taking punch from strangers...

Holiday in Handcuffs – Poor Trudie – she has terrible hair, an awful job, and now she’s kidnapped a man to make him pose as her boyfriend for her terrible family Christmas. This movie puts the Fun back in Felony!

How About You - A younger sister takes care of a retirement home in Ireland or something - check it out - on the cover she looks REALLY excited

How the Toys Saved Christmas - This is another inexpensive animated Christmas movie.  This movie, however, has a couple of things the rest don't: Mary Tyler Moore and Tony Randall!

I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown - I love me some Charlie Brown, but keep in mind that this has a 2003 release date, so it's not an oldie.

I'll be Home for Christmas - I remember back in 1999, my daughter's Daycare seemed to have this movie on the VCR (yep, that's right - cassette time) running pretty much every time I went to pick her up or drop her off.  This stars the formerly (maybe currently?) adorable Jonathan Taylor Thomas

In Search of Santa – Penguin princesses go in search of Santa! Wrong pole, sillies!!

Jack Frost - This is a bizarre movie - Michael Keaton dies in a winter car accident, and is reincarnated as a CGI snow man.  It's a heartwarming comedy too - I should mention that.

Jingle All the Way - Awww, hi there, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sinbad! Oh! I almost didn't see you there, Phil Hartman!  This is a really awful movie that has a fuzzy little spot in my heart.  You should probably watch it.

Kipper: Let it Snow – Super cute little puppy gets into the snow and Christmas time! What could be better?

Kung Fu Panda: Holiday - Here is one of those newer "holiday" movies; it's winter, it's a special, meaningful holiday, etc. etc. etc. In this new arrival, Po has to deal with some wackiness, and then learn the meaning of Chris- Oops - I mean - the meaning of "Winter Feast."

Last Holiday - Starring LL Cool J and Queen Latifah, this is one I can't help but recommend. It's cheesy, but cute.  QL stars as a sweet woman who's constantly being walked all over by everyone, and pines away for the cute guy at work. She is diagnosed with a terminal illness, and decides to live it up and do all the things she'd always been too afraid to.  Gorgeous Christmasey scenery and decorations.  

Littlest Angel, The – Poor little angel is torn between heaven and earth. Bonus: he has a dog who also is rocking a halo.

Love Actually - I am SOOOO glad to see this back available for streaming! I hope it holds out through the holiday!  This is definitely one of the best "recent" Christmas movies.  Do be warned that this is not for young children - definitely super duper sweet adult themes.

Magic Gift of the Snowman - Now, this is more like Frosty the Snowman, in that it's not technically a Christmas movie - but it's an animated movie about a snowman, so I think I can get away with it.

Magical Cartoon Christmas, A - This is a compilation of "classic" Christmas cartoons - including a favorite from a cheap-o VHS we had when I was a little girl "Somewhere in Dreamland."

Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mickey Mouse - This is a Christmas special with a number of Disney Christmas shorts (I haven't seen this one - but I highly recommend Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, so I think this is probably worth checking out).

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas - Three cute Disney cartoons: Mickey & Minnie play out one of my favorite O. Henry stories: Gift of the Magi; Donald's three wacky nephews play out a Christmas version of the movie Groundhog Day; and Goofy and his son Max figure out that Santa is real.  *Most disturbing part: when all of the ducks at the table get excited about eating a beautifully roast turkey.

Midnight Clear - Stephen Baldwin? Hmm. Despair? Hmmmm. I'm not sure about this - seems a bit dark (and not the fun, scary kind, but the sad, I can't get out of bed for months kind).

Miracle on 34th Street - Apparently this was a made-for-tv version of the 1947 movie, made in 1955 - I'm withholding judgment until I see it.

Mistle-Tones, The - Time for a Christmas Sing-Off! I think the most exciting thing about this movie would be its cast: Tia Mowry and Tori Spelling? Yes, Please!

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Come along for the most entertaining Christmas adventure with the Griswold family clan.  This is, without question, the greatest Christmas Comedy in existence.  This movie is the crowning achievement of every person associated with it.  While I was only ten or eleven when I first watched it, be warned that it has some adult themes.

Nightmare Before Christmas, The - This is one of my absolute favorites (my daughter's numero uno) - This fantastic Tim Burton movie is the story of Jack Skellington, whose intentions are good, but efforts to take over Christmas are just awful.  I am so excited to see this available on Netflix!!

Niko 2: Little Brother, Big Trouble - This looks pretty cute - a reindeer has to accept his mom's new boyfriend and his new stepbrother (so would that be mom's new boyfriend or new husband?).  One ridiculous reviewer was horrified by the idea of a divorced parent getting remarried; so if you like this, make sure to leave a positive review.

Not So Silent Night, A - Documentary of a gathering for a holiday concert in New York City.  Reviews are mixed, but if you like musicians like Emmylou Harris, Lou Reed, and Rufus Wainwright, I'd recommend checking it out.

Nutcracker: The Motion Picture – This is, without fail, the best recorded version of the ballet I’ve seen. If you don’t have a chance to get to see it performed live this year, I’d recommend queuing this up.

One Magic Christmas - Here is a previously unknown (to me) movie from 1985 about a stressed out Mama experiencing some sort of Christmas miracle.  I have to say - the cast honestly has me intrigued - Mary Steenburgen, Henry Dean Stanton, and a very young Sarah Polley.  

Perfect Gift, The - Ruben Studdard is that really you? Yes! The headliner on this holiday gem is none other than one of the previous winners of American Idol. This movie is about the madness that ensues when both sets of in-laws arrive for the same holiday.

Polar Express, The - I know reviews are mixed on how successful the animation is.  For me, the animation is an absolute success in creating a moving visual that matches the illustrations in the story.  I recommend getting a copy of the book (bell and all), and reading it before watching the movie.  Be sure to have a nice mug of hot chocolate on hand.

Power Rangers Samurai: Christmas Together, Friends Forever - I admit that the Power Rangers have never really grown on me.  I will also admit that I sat through countless hours of them when I was a babysitter to a family with four young sons.  I might even sit through them for 23 more minutes to see this special!

Power Rangers Super Samurai: Stuck on Christmas - here we go - some more Power Rangers (for those of you who are into that sort of thing).

Radio City Christmas Spectacular, The – If you’ve not had the opportunity to see these incredible women perform in person – I think you should jump at any chance you’re afforded (we saw them for the first time last winter in Boston – they are AMAZING). Luckily for everyone, those who have, and haven’t seen the Rockettes perform – you can watch the show on your TV or computer – seriously – this is awesome stuff!!

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale - Get ready for horror, subtitles, and Jingle Bells! This NR import is not for the faint of heart.

Russell Peters Christmas, A - This 2011 movie was filmed in the style of a 1970s variety show.  Guests range from Michael Buble to Pamela Anderson. I've not seen it, so I'm hoping someone will be able to give me a good review.

Saint Nick - this is a super evil looking (and, by all reports horribly dubbed) horror movie - not a pleasant tale of our favorite Catholic saint!

Santa and the Three Bears - Naughty bear cubs decide to skip the big sleep, and keep an eye out for the big  guy. I suspect they deserve coal, but instead will get a heart warming lesson.

Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe – Santa’s daughter (Jenny McCarthy) is tapped by her old pops to take over the family business, but is torn between her awesome life in NYC and making millions of children happy.

Santa Claus (1959): A dark take on the classic story - with appearances by the Devil, a demon named Pitch, and, of course, Santa Claus (did I mention he's from outer Space?).

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians – It sounds like the martians are fed up with kids being so into Santa so they get the idea of kidnapping him (and a couple of kids) and bringing them back to Mars.

Santa Claus: The Movie – One of the elves defects and starts working for an evil toy baron who wants to put Santa out of business (how dare he!!?!?!?).

Search for Santa Paws, The - If you liked Santa Buddies, you definitely want to watch this prequel!  If your children like Santa Buddies, and you need an hour and a half to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine, then they definitely need to watch this!

Shadow Island Mysteries: The Last Christmas - For some unknown reason this new movie (2010) wasn't on any Oscar short lists last year.  The cover reminds me a LOT of some of my favorite Lifetime classics.

Snow – I actually own this ABC Family made for TV gem. Santa’s reindeer go through a magic portal and end up being stuck in a zoo. Ready for some romance between Santa and a lovely zoo keeper? Me too!

Snow 2: Brain Freeze – uh oh! Something happened to Santa and he’s lost his memory of his wife (who just might be a certain zoo keeper). What will they do??

Snow Days – a mix of Christmasey episodes of Barney, Bob the Builder and other toddler TV stars.

Snowglobe – another ABC Family made for TV beauty – a woman discovers that she can go into her Christmas Snowglobe, and it’s totally awesome. 

Thomas and Friends: Holiday Express – Everyone’s favorite fictional engine is ready to celebrate with you!

Thomas and Friends: Merry Winter Wish – Thomas hauls a light that grants wishes, and there’s a holiday party – and you’re invited!

Thomas and Friends: Ultimate Christmas – Yet another very festive episode of Thomas and Friends!

Tokyo Godfathers - This is an edgy, animated holiday special.  I really can't think of anything more interesting to say than the netflix description: "When an alcoholic, a transvestite and a young runaway happen upon an abandoned baby in a dumpster on Christmas Eve, they go in search of the child's parents, encountering an assortment of oddball characters along the way."

Traveler, The - I'm not sure if Christmas is anything more than a setting in this very poorly rated movie starring Val Kilmer.  One of us should watch it - I'm nominating you.

Veggietales: St. Nicholas, a Story of Joyful Giving - This is the Veggietales telling a story about St. Nicholas. I am not a Veggietales fan, so I'm not going to watch and find out how it is.

Very Barry Christmas, A – Barry Buckley’s bad luck leads him to trade lives with Santa.

Vicar of Dibley Christmas Specials, The - I've never seen the show - but the photo looks quite British.

Walk a Mile in my Pradas - If I'm reading the description correctly, it goes a little something like this: A magical Christmas ornament switches the sexual orientation of two men: the homophobic ladies-man starts to prefer the company of gentlemen, and the previously Gay coworker becomes a ladies man.  Did I mention it has Tom Armold in it? I'm totally watching. Warning: both my sister and mother tried to watch this and they both hated it enough to turn it off.

White Christmas - Quite possibly the greatest movie ever made.  Fact: my sister and I can perform the "Sisters" routine in its entirety, and sing the song together on a regular basis. If you've never seen it - watch it! If you've already seen it, why aren't you watching it again???

Winter Wonderland - Our dear friends Bob the Builder, Kipper, and the other animated folks I have the joy of not watching (my baby isn't a baby anymore!) - celebrate the holidays!. 

Yes, Virginia – this is an adorable animated version of the true story of a little girl who wrote to the newspaper asking if Santa was real because "If you see it in The Sun, it's so."  I’m really excited about this new addition to the Netflix streaming Christmas library!




73 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you:)

RayZorback said...

Thanks for looking all of these up!! My wife & I have a goal to watch 1 of our favorite Christmas movies very day in December until Christmas day as a fun way to relive some childhood memories ... I hate to say it but we're pretty disappointed in the selection that Netflix has to offer. They have very few of the "classics" to choose from. Looks like we are going those to find alternatives to achieve this undertaking!!
Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for listing all of these. I love Snow the movie too so I figure your reviews are similar to my tastes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for listing all of these. I love Snow the movie too so I figure your reviews are similar to my tastes.

Anonymous said...

Great list!! Netflix should pay you. Have you considered adding Edward Scissorhands? That one is also now available for streaming.

Chris said...

The movie Dutch is pretty good. I think it's set during Thanksgiving but it has a "christmas feel" to it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the good suggestions of good Christmas movies to watch. I love watching the "Christmas Carlo" and "Miracle on 34st Street". I just rented these movies using Blockbuster Movie Pass. If you’re a huge movie watcher around the holidays like me then you want to get this package. It’s offered to DISH Network customers for only $10/mo and allows users to stream 3,000 movies to your TV and 4,000 movies to your PC. It also includes movies, games, and blu-rays rentals by mail and you have unlimited titles to choose from. I over heard a co-worker at DISH saying that Blockbuster gets new releases 28 days before Netflix and Redbox does. I can also tell you that new DISH customers can get 12 months free streaming and 3 months free disc rentals.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the list. I too am disappointed with netflix lack of christmas movies, luckily i own some, but i would love to see snowball express again someday lol

Susan Marie said...

Thank You kindly for your service to parents!

Anonymous said...

Jeff Dunham is actually like Dane Cook with puppets, which is to say he is absolutely terrible.

bullcbull said...

Fantastic Job by our Holiday Hero!!! Thank You

Jinxy and Me said...

Thanks for the great list! I was getting frustrated trying the find the Christmas movies - you did the work for me!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I wanted to find out tonight. Too hard to do quickly on Netflix. Thanks so much. You are right: it is a labor of love.

Anonymous said...

"Night of the comet" christmas zombies

Anonymous said...

I couldnt even find 5 christmas movies to watch. Shouldnt netflix have more than that?

Owner: Desdy Baggott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrina said...

This is the second year I have used your list as a reference. Thank you so much for keeping it current. I've been watching Christmas movies all month because of you. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Awesome list and comments!!

Thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do not watch alphabots Christmas, or you WILL die a slow painful eye gouging death.

Anonymous said...

Such a great list, thank you!

Anonymous said...

I just found this list a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to you I've been killing my husband slowly :-) he can't stand the fact that I'm ready for Christmas in July. I'm loving it thanks!

Jessy Brainerd said...

Yay for husband-cide by Christmas movies :)

I'm crossing my fingers that they'll have some more new ones this year. Last year they added a lot of the ABC Family movies. I am BEYOND thrilled that they have White Christmas, I've already watched it a couple of times!

ricardo said...

hi thank you for this list it is great i would love to see somemore christmas films like scrooged, elf, the grinch, gremlins, tim allens the santa clause 1,2 and 3 and many christmas carols that have been made

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great list, but unfortunately many of those titles are going off streaming on Nov 1st. Some are favorites - "Holiday in Hancuffs" as are "Snow" and "Snow 2: Brain Freeze." actually, it looks as if their contract with ABC Fam Movies has ended. Hoping they can renegotiate.

ricardo said...

hi as the person above ^^ said alot of these christmas films are expiring and from what i can make out they are not being replace with many new ones which is a shame

Anonymous said...

wasThanks so much for this list. I will be checking out a lot of these movies this upcoming holiday season.

Anonymous said...

I noticed for Halloween that they had a section for Halloween favourites. I am hoping they do the same with the Christmas movies. I remember putting that in for a suggestion to Netflix years ago.. :P

kmbrco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kmbrco said...

heThanks for the list! A lot of work. Your writing is enjoyable, too.

I watched "Midnight Clear" last year and found it surprisingly good. It does have an uplifting ending.

Anonymous said...

For Barney, there is also Barney: A Very Merry Christmas on instant.

Anonymous said...

A Christmas Story?? That's a classic and I hope to see it as part of the netflix holiday selection. Also The Santa Clause that was my brother's favorite Christmas movie.

Anonymous said...

Watched powder blue no mention of it being Christmas Eve. Tried to watch a christmas movie day and wasted a day on that movie.

Anonymous said...

Oh and powder blue not for children. It's about a stripper and there is nudity. And no christmas references whatsoever.

Jessy Brainerd said...

Thanks for the info about Powder Blue - I'll take it off the list straight away! One of these days, when I have the time, I'm hoping to break it down into different categories.

Anonymous said...

You can add a perfect day with rob Lowe pro the list it's of netflix instant

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! You might want to add The Family Stone, good movie.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! You might want to add The Family Stone, good movie.

Anonymous said...

Yay thank you! I was just saying that I have no idea why Netflix wouldn't have holiday tags for movies so you can find all the Christmas movies. I hopefully searched "Christmas movies on Netflix" and sha-zam! The internet is a beautiful place indeed.

Latisha Harris said...

The heart of Christmas is based on a true story. Some parts will have you in tears. This

DeeBurns said...

Miracle on 34th Street is amazing! Not a made for TV version - MUST SEE!

Anonymous said...

This is a great list! Just FYI, The Heart of Christmas is really good but be prepared to cry your eyes out!

Post Pals said...

Wow I've found someone who loves Christmas films as much as I do! I was very excited to read your list (and you for doing it) but sadly barely any, if any at all are on Netflix uk, the USA Netflix sounds amazing, ours is about 10 years out of date with very little choice

Anonymous said...

What they dont have the Grinch at all smh they need to get more movies on here

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making the list, I'm watching From Time to Time right now. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, an absolute classic and my favorite :-)

Thanks for making this list!

Anonymous said...

I've had Midnight Clear in my instant queue for months thinking that it's the 1992 war movie with Ethan Hawke and Gary Sinise. I'm disappointed now to realize it's something else entirely.

Thanks for the list update.

Anonymous said...

8 crazy nights and a christmas too many has been added to netflix streaming

Anonymous said...

So glad there's a Christmas movie lover out there who realized the "Christmas" search on Netflix was just not enough. Thanks for the list and for your great comments!

Anonymous said...

There are two Phineas and Ferb Christmas specials, I didn't notice being mentioned the first one I think is the better of the two.

Anonymous said...

Heart of Christmas, The is the saddest movie ever, dont watch it!!! you are crying from start to finish and it doesn't end happily :'(

Anonymous said...

You are awesome. Thanks for the great list and details!

Taryn said...

Please, please, please, watch One Magic Christmas. It's my favorite Christmas movie from growing up and I was ecstatic to find it on Netflix. Give it a shot!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, this was very helpful! Now we need a 2012 Christmas show update :)

Pam Sarver said...

For the Love of a Dog is a good dog movie that takes place around Christmas, but isn't about Christmas.

Anonymous said...

They finally have added a holiday section on Netflix. They have one in the main section and one in the kids section. but they really need to add more Christmas movies.

LastPsalms said...

That there are only a few good Christmas movies available for instant viewing on Netflix is a crying shame and almost enough for me to quit my membership! What are they thinking? Seems like they're not too interested in keeping business? But thanks for the list...suprised you mentioned one of my favorites "The Hebrew Hammer"-not for kids; a "B" movie for sure, but hilarious without being politically incorrect! We will have to check out some of the ones you mention here-BTW-we loved the Veggie Tales St Nicholas story and The Littlest Angel the kids watch over and over. Of course White Christmas is the best! Have a great Christmas!

Eric Coomer said...

Several more Christmas titles are now streaming on Netflix. Here are a few:

An Angel for Christmas (1996)
A Christmas Carol (1994)
Christmas Lodge (2011)
Dear Santa (2011)
Fireman Sam Holiday Heroes (2012)
Jack Frost (1996) - The horror movie
Magic Gift of the Snowman (1995)
A Magical Cartoon Christmas (2004)
Niko 2 (2012)
A Perfect Day (2006)
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (this isn't the classic claymation version, but it's still entertaining.)
Thomas & Friends: A Very Thomas Christmas (2012)
Tom & Thomas (2002)
VeggieTales: It's a Meaningful Life (2010)

Here are a few films that, while not Christmas movies technically, take place during the holidays:

Everybody's Fine (2009)
Metropolitan (2009)
Money Train (1995)
Nobody's Fool (1994)
Sleepless in Seattle (1993)

And don't forget about classic episodes from television shows. Here's a couple that stand out:

Mr. Bean: The Whole Bean - Episode 7 (1990)
My So Called Life - Episode 15 (1994)

This was fun!

dermawan lee said...

Nice sharing, keep it up.
My blog: http://watchfreemovie.info/oblivion-2013-free-movie-streaming-online.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the list. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

There are new movies, I haven't looked a lot, Christmas vacation, polar express, jack frost. I will look a little more, we got stuck on polar express with my kiddo :-)

Eric Coomer said...

They just added two Charlie Brown Christmas specials. Not the one we all want, mind you, but Charlie Brown nonetheless.

"Charlie Brown Christmas Tales" (2002)

"I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown" (2003)

Eric Coomer said...

Oh, and "Bah Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas" (2006)

Of course that and the two Charlie Brown movies all have different voices than the ones we're know from childhood. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your list! Thank you!!! I just noticed that they also have the 2004 version of The Polar Express to stream, if you feel like adding it at this point. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree.. Not a very good selection!!!

Anonymous said...

Selection sucks!

gibson gill said...

These articles and blogs are truly enough for me for a day.how to get us netflix in canada

loquinmalie said...

Thanks for the list! Looks like Netflix has added new Christmas fare! I've just started a cute-looking animated movie called Saving Santa. Don't know if it's good yet, but here's hoping.

Leah said...

Just wanted to drop a thank you, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on Christmas Lodge. Certainly don't want to accidentally run into a movie that's pretty heavy with religious/scripture references and have to hear about the real reason for Christmas. That would just be so like icky.

Jessy Brainerd said...

A response to anonymous re: the Christmas Lodge. I am well aware of "the reason for the season" and all that, but, for me, I will pick National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation over The Christmas Lodge 9 times out of 10. While I grew up making birthday cakes for Jesus on December 25th, we celebrated the season with joy. I felt as though the Christmas Lodge was aimed at one very specific religious audience, and I am not a member.

Elena said...

Heart of Christmas, The is one of the saddest movie ever, dont watch it!!! you are crying from start to finish and it doesn't end happily.
Thanks for this large list of Christmas movies

Emir said...

Netflix always has great offer for Christmas. But sometimes it is hard to find your movie or tv show series on only one site. Here are other sites where you can watch tv series tv shows online for free. try some of this sites in addition to netflix.