I just got off the phone with a lovely woman at the Marlboro, and after over six weeks of waiting for the background check to go through - we are officially scheduled to go to the Crazy Mountain Ranch from January 12 - 15, 2013!!!!!
I am over the moon excited. I feel a little bad because all of my election-related excitement has really faded into the background (although I must point out that my beloved home state is the FIRST state in the nation to legalize gay marriage through a popular vote - I am one proud lady!!!!).
This has been my morning:
- 2:00 am - finally turned the TV off, after Obama made his AMAZING speech, and the news coverage ended
- 2:30 am-ish - fell asleep
- 6:45 am - woke up for work
- 8:00 am - got to work
- 8:01 am - talked with coworker about our excitement over election results
- 8:30 am - made car and hotel reservations for "Prospective Students Weekend" at the high school my daughter is hoping to attend (check it out - it's pretty amazing: The Maine School of Science and Mathematics)
- 10:39 am - got the phone call from Janet at the Marlboro Travel office, congratulating me on being an official winner, and telling me that the earliest date available would be January 12 - 15th (this was really exciting, because when I called last week to check on the status of our paperwork, they told me that it would probably be mid-February at the earliest)
- 10:43 am - sent the first of roughly 8,000 texts to Conni (my travel companion, and big sister) asking her if those dates work - I have plenty of flexibility at work, so it's not an issue for me, however, she had to have her days off for 2013 submitted by last Friday
- 11:02 am - Conni replied "Yes!"
- 11:03 am - I call back, and tell Janet we're good for those dates!!
As you can see, it's been one busy morning!!! According to Janet, we should be receiving the "fun" paperwork in a week to ten days - this will have our gear and activity forms. She suggested we fill it out as fast as possible, as activities are assigned on a first come, first serve basis, luckily, there's a faxing option!!! After that, she'll be contacting me in early December to finalize all of the travel arrangements!!
I am over the moon with excitement right now. There's one tiny bummer - my nephew Aaron (who is completely and totally cool and awesome) is turning 18 while we'll be in Montana, and Conni is freaking out a bit over missing his birthday. I think that just means we have to throw him the swankiest birthday party ever when we get back.
I promise I will update the blog with any news I hear, and as soon as the paperwork comes in!!!
Read more about my Marlboro Ranch Adventures