Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Thanksgiving

One of the best things about living in Maine (and believe me, there are a LOT of great things about living here!) is the weather!

I know a lot of folks would disagree with me on this (even a certain member of my family - gasp!), but I stand by my love of this beautiful, snowy place.

If you're thinking to yourself that Maine is too cold, you should meet my sister Faith, who moved to Alaska, because she feels that Maine summers are too hot.  (true story!)

We got our *FIRST* snow this week!  I know that folks way down south have gotten a lot of snow already, but here in Maine, we got our first this week.

I watched flurries through the day from my office window, and when I went out to get in my car, there were a few fluffy flakes hanging out on the roof.

Lovely little flurries!

From work, I had to go to Walmart to buy some dinner food, and pick up some socks (when it started snowing, I knew it was time to stop wearing the damn flip flops).  When I walked out of Walmart, it had started snowing in earnest.  Weird snowball type things pelting you in the face.

Weird Snow Balls

Of course, none of that was still around by 10:00 the following morning, but we've been hearing about this big Nor'Easter that was headed our way.  This morning I awoke to a wintry wonderland!!! Sadly, it's rained some since then, and I didn't think to catch a picture first thing in the morning (I was too busy being sad about not having a snow day).  

Here it is - the first real snow of the season - hopefully there's lots more to come!!!

In front of my office




No comments: