Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I am a lucky girl

Had a great night last night - made a bunch of truffles to bring to Thanksgiving - did my grocery shopping for the pumpkin cheesecake (my vote's the only one that matters when it comes to my baking, and that's what I want to make) - and the ingredients for my (in?)famous 'pink stuff'. Also - I need to pick up some frozen dough balls to make rolls. I like them waaaaaaaaay better than the pre-cooked kind.

Tomorrow - I have a super fun day planned - going with Mom, Faith, and Azi down to Freeport - doing some shopping at the different outlets & dun dun dun - this is the kicker - going to the LLBean employee store. This is the main reason that it rocks to work at LLBean - granted, I like the job, and being able to get discounted gift cards & items totally rocks - however, the employee store knocks the socks off anything else. I'll be sure to tally up all of my purchases on here after I've made them and mathed them out. On my wish list are: tent poles (probably inside an entire new tent bag, but whatever, it's worth it for $10) - a super fuzzy bathrobe, some more luggage, couch/chair covers, flannel anything, pants for Peter & for dad, and whatever else I can find that is totally awesome & totally cheap.

This will be my first time going without Kathy, which makes me sad, we've always tag-team shopped, and I'm nervous about going by myself. But I'll be okay, I'm sure of it - if there's one thing I'm uncommonly good at - it's buying stuff.

On a completely unrelated topic - my beloved 11-year-old got her report card last week, and got her first C+ - we'd expected it, because she's in the accelerated math class (and apparently, these days, fifth grade accelerated math does fricking algebra, what's up with that??? I have to google how to help her with her homework - which is not making me feel any smarter). So - we knew she'd been working really hard - of course she got all As & Bs in the rest of her classes, but this was her first quarter without getting honor role, and her heart is absolutely broken. It's pretty tragic. This was also the first quarter that I rewarded her by giving her money for her grades - I needed to do something to take the sad little edge off.

Okay. I'm ready for some serious shopping tomorrow - get ready world!!!

No comments: